3 for 2 on shirts, polos and accessories
HOW TO REMOVE SWEAT STAINS AND MARKS ON YOUR WHITE SHIRT COLLARS
- Undo all the buttons and turn your shirt inside out.
- Wet the shirt first in warm water and washing powder and add a dash of whitener / delicate bleach.
- Use a hard laundry soap (useful to have one of these anyway for travelling) and rub over the stains.
- Soak for a few minutes in the powder / bleach solution and then wash as usual in the machine, again, using washing powder and now fabric softener.
Click through to our white shirts if yours are way beyond a deep clean.
HOW TO SEW ON A BUTTON
This is a skill you probably learned when you were young, dig out that hotel repair kit and follow the instructions from our friends at RealMenRealStyle
HOW TO REPAIR A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET
Stop losing coins! This is such a small and therapeutic job to do, you’ll kick yourself for not setting aside the five minutes to do it.
- Thread a needle with as close a colour thread as the pocket lining. Calculate 4 times the amount of thread for the length of the hole as this is best done with double thread.
- Turn the garment inside out so you are seeing the original seam of the pocket.
- Insert the needle where there is already stiches, and pull through the thread leaving a half cm. stick backwards over the existing stitching a couple of times to secure the thread.
- Then start with a small stitch – about a half cm – and then you can continue with this ‘running stitch’ and once you get to just beyond the end of the hole.
- Do the same to fill the gaps so you have a solid line of stitching.
- To finish off, repeat the doubling over as at the beginning and trip the excess thread.